Podiatrist Clapham: Foot and ankle specialist
Podiatry is a specialist area focussed on alleviating pain and dysfunction in the foot and ankle.
Our Podiatrist Jo Conway can be influential in many areas with both adults and children. In particular she looks at:
- Sports injuries – running, walking, hiking especially. But also jumping, landing, pivoting issues in sports, martial arts and dance.
- The assessment of Paediatric/ Children’s feet.
- Pain in the lower limb, foot and ankle.
- Orthopaedics, pain, injury and surgery related to the bones, joints and structures associated with them.
Podiatry is a specialist area that deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of bio-mechanical foot, ankle and lower limb problems.
- Our podiatrist can work with any of your foot, ankle and lower limb injuries and plan your entire rehabilitation programme whether post-operatively or following injury.
Our podiatrist will focus primarily on accurately assessing the biomechanics of your feet and legs. Observe how your limbs interact with the ground beneath them as you walk and run to determine how this has caused your specific foot, ankle, shin, knee, hip or lower back problem.
As well as guiding you through an effective rehabilitation programme other interventions are available:
- Orthotics : We have a range of orthosis to meet all of your rehabilitation needs and can offer each patient an individual solution according to their clinical requirements and budget.
- Orthosis are available for many sports including running, walking, tennis, football, Hockey, Rugby, Cycling, skate and ski boot orthotics.
- We also provide children’s orthosis.
- Joint therapy appointments are offered with many of our other specialists in sports and injury physiotherapy, back pain physiotherapy, osteopathy, neurological physiotherapy.
- You can also work with our podiatrist in a joint session alongside our cycling and running coaches – Pat Leahy and Ben Le Vesconte.
- Radial Shockwave Therapy for resistant plantar fasciitis, achilles tendinosis, shin splints
Jo Conway – a highly skilled and very experienced podiatrist
Our highly skilled podiatrist will guide you through the entire treatment and rehabilitation process combining her expertise with other professionals on the Balance team offering a comprehensive service to ensure we meet your podiatry needs maintaining your foot health and mobility so you can continue to enjoy all activities.
Podiatry offers long term solutions for existing injuries or as a way of keeping you in your game, or the activities you love for longer without sustaining further injury. It also an essential step after any orthopaedic or surgical procedure.
To book or for more information please call 020 7627 2308
Sports, Backs and Orthopaedic Surgery
Podiatry offers both temporary relief and/or a long term solution for many sporting and back injuries, and numerous painful conditions. It can also be an essential step after a orthopaedic or surgical procedure involving the legs, hips, pelvis or spine. In addition Podiatry can be an effective means of protection when returning to your game after a lay off, or keeping you involved in any of the activities you have a passion for without sustaining further injury. If you aren’t sure if or how podiatry could help you contact Jo Conway and discuss it directly with her.
Call 02076272308 and leave your details with us so she can get in touch. Alternatively use our online enquiry form.
Specialist Assessment and Rehabilitation
Our foot and ankle specialist is a podiatrist. Podiatry is a specialised area that deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of bio-mechanical foot and lower limb problems.
Podiatry offers long term solutions for existing injuries or painful conditions and is an essential step after many orthopaedic or surgical procedures. It can also be an effective way of protecting you and keeping you in your game, or the activities you have a passion for, for longer without sustaining further injury.
Our podiatrist will focus primarily on accurately assessing the biomechanics of your feet and legs. They will observe how your foot, ankle and lower limbs interact with the surface beneath them as you walk and run, skip or jump, to determine how this has caused your specific foot, ankle, shin, knee, hip or lower back problem.
Foot problems that we assess and rehabilitate often:
- Hip ,Foot and knee pain in Children and Adults
- Running injuries
- Sports injuries
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Ankle Pain
- Shin Pain
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Morton’s Neuroma
Using specialist knowledge of foot, ankle and lower limb biomechanics Jo will guide your physiotherapist, osteopath, movement and conditioning coach, soft tissue therapist (sports masseurs), yoga and pilates teacher to ensure you get back as soon as possible to whatever it is you do, at a level higher than you were before.
When it comes to foot health movement of your feet and the footwear you choose to put them in are extremely important. Check out these two videos, chosen to stimulate your thoughts on foot health.
A little bit of additional information from Vivobarefoot on shoes, the human foot, movement :