Pain relief & prescribing medicines
Prescriptions can be dispensed without the need to see your GP and at the same time as seeing your physiotherapist – whether at Balance or during a home visit. Call Balance Performance on 02076272308 to access this service.
Dr Lucy Goldby is an Independent Physiotherapy Prescriber which means she is able to prescribe for all of Balance Performance Physiotherapy’s clients with regard to their musculoskeletal problems.
This can be very helpful when you are having physiotherapy or osteopathy treatment, are unable to get to see your GP, or are in so much pain that we need to come and see you for a Home Visit. In particular Lucy can help you with Medicines in the following areas:
- back and neck pain
- trauma, fractures and sports injuries
- nerve and neuropathic pain
- Inflammatory and joint arthritis
- post-operative pain and recovery
- Advice on the best type of medicine for you. Sometimes stopping medicines is very important for healing of recent injuries.
- Advice on any reactions that you may be experiencing to current or other medication, herbal preparations or other remedies….
- Medicines where alternative formulations and applications (how they enter your body) may be more effective and have less side-effects.
Dr Lucy Goldby Independent Physiotherapy Prescriber PH 39099
Regulated by the Health Care Professions Council PH 39099
In response to legislative changes in April 2014 Dr Lucy Goldby was able to add to her extensive knoweldge and experience to become one of the UK’s first Independent Physiotherapy Prescribers. Over a two year period she worked extensively with Consultants, GPs and other prescribers before passing a rigorous testing process.
To access this service call Balance Performance on 02076272308