Linda Laubscher and Margie Keller are our Business Managers, while Jade and Kimberley oversee the running of reception with Rose and Jason making up rest of the team. They will direct you to choose the most appropriate service if you are not sure yourself and will help you arrange an appointment with the professionals best matched to your needs.
Book online, by telephone, or drop in and make one face to face.
To arrange your first appointment you can make use of our contact page and submitting the form there. You’ll see the link at the top right of the page.
- Let us know what it is you need us to help you with.
- Give us an idea of when you would like to attend.
- Let us know how you would like us to contact you – phone or email.
Your email will come through to one of the reception team who will deal with it ASAP.
Book by telephone
Balance Opening Times:
Monday – Thursday 7.30am – 9pm
Friday – 7.30am – 5pm
Saturday – 7.30am – 4pm
Sunday – 9am – 5pm
Call 0207 627 2308 to book an appointment or make further enquiries.
Our clients come from across London and the South East of England but we largely attract the active people of Clapham, Wandsworth, Brixton, Stockwell and those working in City and West End as we are 15 minutes from Green Park/Victoria and London Bridge underground stations.
The Clapham High Street rail station is 60 seconds away and is a fast link for our clients from the Clapham Junction area and those working in Canary Wharf/Docklands.
Payment can be made by cash, credit or debit card.
You can also pay via:
- Our online diary system MINDBODY ONLINE
- by Direct Bank Transfer – ask us for our account details and the payment reference to enter (usually the clients full name)
- PayPal – ask us for the email address to use and we can send you a PayPal invoice
Balance is authorised to take payments over the phone. This is useful, as is PayPal and Mind Body Online, if you would like to pay in advance and save time once you are in Clapham.
All Clients of Balance Performance Physiotherapy are expected to pay after the session.
All cancellation’s made without 24 hour prior notice will be charged at full fee. This also applies to missed or late arrivals.
The management team is very happy to discuss any of our procedures with you.
With the exception of BUPA and AXA, all of our clients with private medical or health insurance pay us directly. We can then issue a “full invoice” insurance receipt to claim the fees back. Our experience is that most insurance companies reimburse their policy holders (i.e. you) within ten days. As the providers of your treatment and rehabilitation however it is not uncommon for us to be paid up to six months later! We therefore take payment on the day of each session.
Different insurance companies have varying levels of reimbursement. When the policy does not meet the full costs of treatment it is the responsibility of the patient to make up the difference.
Recently, some insurers have reimbursed far less to their customers – in some cases, reducing reimbursement by over 50%. This means that there is a greater chance that you will have to meet a portion of the cost. It is important to contact your insurer before treatment to clarify your policy and your cover.
It may be helpful to know that some patients have reported that their insurance company’s call centre has attempted to divert their care towards another centre. The phrase that tends to be used is “that clinic is not on our list”. Invariably, the explanation for this is that there is a discrepancy between new fees that the insurance companies are trying to impose upon us and the proportion the insurer will reimburse.
Medical insurance companies are not regulatory bodies and so not comply to the standards of practice that Physiotherapists have to. With some insurance companies the term “recognised” is financially driven only.
Balance is registered with all major insurance companies:
- Pru Health
- and many other less well know insurance companies.
*Please note that all of our Physiotherapists are HCPC registered. Should you wish to claim your fees back from your insurance company, you will pay after the appointment at reception, and the team can email you a full invoice to forward to your insurers. Please note that Health Insurance Companies (PMI’s) all too often provide only a minimal amount of cover.
Getting the most from your policy:
It is often necessary for Balance Performance to work with each individual to obtain the maximum coverage allowable, and also to advise each client on the most cost effective use of their allowances. Whilst Balance Performance physiotherapy is committed to optimal customer service all the decisions we make on behalf of our clients are based purely on what we see clinically and in the best interests of our clients as they return to full health; as opposed to financially based decisions or as dictated by an insurance companies ‘allowance’ for an individual.
Information for clients who are registered with BUPA or AXA-PPP and who wish Balance Performance Physiotherapy to bill BUPA or AXA-PPP directly:
Balance Performance have BUPA and AXA-PPP managers who have worked with these companies and their clients for over 20 years. Essentially this means that we’re very familiar with the BUPA/AXA processes and adept at speaking to those at BUPA/AXA who are in charge of each individuals accounts to authorise more sessions as required, so you are in very competent hands.
All we require is:
- your membership number
- your pre-authorisation number/code
- and we ask you to familiarise yourself with your BUPA/AXA policy with regard to any excess payment that you need to pay to us when you start your treatment and your level of annual coverage, which if you went over, BUPA/AXA again, would ask you to pay us directly.
Please note that in Balance’s contract with BUPA/AXA, it stipulates that members:
- Must be fully paid up and valid members of BUPA with a current authorisation.
- Must confirm their level of coverage and details of their excess payment for which they are personally liable with Balance Performance Physiotherapy Ltd. prior to commencement of treatment. The patient must agree in writing to pay these fees personally up front.
- Have a valid pre-authorisation number and must commence physiotherapy within two calendar months of the date of the pre-authorisation.
- Keep a note of your number of sessions should BUPA be granting your physiotherapy by sessional number.
- Have the opportunity to fill in a customer satisfaction questionnaire.
Should you have any queries with regard to BUPA/AXA please ask us and we’ll be happy to help!
Call 0207 627 2308
We have a class programme to supplement your various health, sports and fitness practices. All classes are taught by teachers focused on good movement: controlled, mindful/purposeful movement.
- Kettlebell conditioning/strength
- Post natal/Women’s health core classes
- Post natal kettlebells (1/2 hour session)
- Beginners and intermediate pilates
- Self-massage, self-myofascial release, foam rolling
- HIIT classes
You can find our timetable on the website.