REVISED SERVICES DUE TO COVID-19
Physiotherapy, fitness and wellbeing for the people of Clapham and beyond.
The government allowed physiotherapy practices to remain open throughout the lockdown, but we continued with a very limited offering – just one physiotherapist!
Although the easing of restrictions continues and we now have a slightly larger team onsite here in Clapham, we remain cautious and will speak with you to determine the suitability of an in-person session at Balance Performance.
Aside from the in-person sessions being delivered at our Clapham North facility, physiotherapy sessions are being conducted online.
“I don’t know what I would have done if you guys weren’t open during lockdown.” – Matt C (using our AlterG to regain his fully weight-bearing walking ability following hip surgery).
The Balance Performance Physiotherapy facility in Gauden Road (Clapham, SW4 6LE) can offer in-person sessions to particular clients only. Call us or make use of our contact form and let us know how we can help you.
Using all of our available technologies we can continue to offer physiotherapy, fitness and wellness practices to our Clapham community. We can address:
- your back and neck pain – whether it is new today or ongoing and persistent.
- Injury, trauma, fractures and orthopaedic. You may have had an operation just before surgical procedures were reduced.
- Your home working set-up and advice on movement around it to avoid unnecessary pain. Also known as Ergonomics
- Women and men’s health concerns including pelvic floor and continence issues. We continue to offer Mummy MOTs (a health, well-being and fitness check for New Mums).
- Over-60’s health and fitness. Balance and falls prevention. Staying healthy and well during movement restrictions and isolation.
- Fitness and conditioning for everyone! It is essential to supplement your daily walk, run or cycle.
- Health and wellbeing – at this time more than ever, your mental, physical and emotional health requires your attention.
The extent of Balance’s services
Below you will see the extent of the services we continue to provide during this current challenge, for your ongoing health and well-being.
Call us and find out if an in-person session is appropriate. After initial consultation we may advise you to attend our Gauden Road premises for an in-person session of physiotherapy. We have a reduced number of physiotherapists working at our facility offering in-person sessions. Five of our Consultant physiotherapists: Dr. Lucy Goldby, Sophia Busfield, Caroline Curtis, Jose Manuel Sanz Mengibar and Jonathan Zulueta, as well as Jenny Moore, Joanne Coates, Anthony Adesanmi and Anita Holmes.
Only clients – and our team members – who are fit and well can attend. To determine this everyone has their temperature taken and is screened for general wellness and recent health.
Some of the reasons that you would be identified as someone who may need a face-to-face consultation are listed below.
- During your online consultation you mention signs or symptoms that we can only check and clear by seeing you in-person.
- It is obvious that you will suffer increasing pain or dysfunction if you do not receive rehabilitative physiotherapy.
- If you have recently had an operation, suffered a fracture or were rapidly discharged from hospital whilst still needing further rehabilitation.
- If you have suffered an Injury or illnesses that has caused debilitating dizziness or vertigo. You may gain great relief only by coming in to see Jonathan Zulueta. Contact us and Jonathan will speak to you directly about this.
Physiotherapy, rehabilitation consultation
It is important to us at Balance that we continue to support our clients through this challenging time. We are continuing to provide the highest standard of care and guidance possible. We can do this best for both existing and new clients via virtual online physiotherapy sessions.
Virtual online consultations can be an extremely effective way of managing injuries and conditions. These consultations are hugely empowering, giving you the knowledge and skills to recover from your condition. There is no better time to tap into your own self-awareness and self-management abilities. We can help give you greater confidence and sense of control.
In virtual physiotherapy sessions we can:
-screen for serious conditions.
-discuss your symptoms.
-assess your movement and clinical tests.
-demonstrate self treatment techniques.
-design a bespoke exercise plan using your available resources, tailored to your specific goals.
-give professional advice and education.
We can also address Balance and dizziness, and falls prevention
Women’s Health Consultations
If you have had a baby recently, are looking for a Mummy MOT, a post natal check, Consultant Physiotherapist Jo Fordyce can still see you via Skype or Zoom consultation from the comfort of your home.
A Mummy MOT can include any or all of the below.
- Individual assessment to provide a bespoke treatment plan for
- Advice and exercises for your ‘tummy gap’ (diastasis recti).
- Bladder, bowel , sexual concerns post birth,
- Pelvic floor muscle exercise education
- Advice / education for exercises to do at your stage post-natally , as well as getting you back to the exercise/sport you were doing pre pregnancy.
- Posture check, ergonomic advice with daily activities with your baby.
If you would like to speak to Jo before booking in, please do email or call Balance,
1 in every 3 women are affected by women’s health problems over their lifetime. In addition to pregnancy the other stage of life that symptoms are often more noticeable is around the Menopause. But whatever the stage of life you are at, if you have any concerns regarding bladder leakage, prolapse, pelvic floor muscle weakness, contact Jo via Balance’s contact page. Do NOT sit and suffer.
Strength and fitness, kettlebells, bands, yoga, over-60s, HIIT and circuit training
Even online you can benefit immensely from the Balance Performance team of strength and fitness professionals. Our strength and fitness team has an incredible amount of experience and knowledge. Furthermore they live, breath and practice what they teach every single day. So join them now online!
- Kettlebell classes and one-2-one training with Svetlana.
- Strength and conditioning from home with minimal or no equipment, with Sabina Skala. See details on her profile page.
- Fitness band, bodyweight circuit or HIIT training with Ron Burnett – Strong Tribe Fitness.
- Fitness for the Over-60s, considering balance and falls vulnerability with Jonathan Zulueta – go to his profile for more detail.
- Yoga classes and one-2-one yoga practice with Zsofia – go to her profile for more detail.
Online Wellness practices and mental health
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic you may well be experiencing increased mental health pressures. So now is the perfect time to begin wellness practices of breathing, movement or meditation. Alternatively it may be time to address and combat excessive levels of stress and anxiety that have held you back for many years.
- Connect and speak with Richard Lepper of The Milton Practice for solution based hypnotherapy. Solution Focused Hypnotherapy has helped people the world over cope with specific issues, change unwanted habits, overcome addictions, fears and phobias. To deal with trauma or loss, cope with chronic pain or illness, as well as to cope with unwanted symptoms, behaviours, emotions or thoughts.
- Breathing practices are fundamental to achieve physical and mental health, emotional stability and all your wellness efforts. You can learn these practices and experience the power of breath work with Anthony Clegg.
The recent changes in our circumstances have forced us to change our habits and routines. Although this has offered us great opportunities some of these changes will leave us vulnerable to new niggles, pains and injuries. If you are concerned but not sure if you really need a session – in-person or virtual – give us a call and we can organise a call.
Physiotherapy, wellness and fitness support in Clapham
If there is some other way we can continue to support you with physiotherapy, wellness and fitness in Clapham and beyond let us know! So do not put it off, contact us via the contact page: CONTACT PAGE.