A class and one to one breathwork
Breathing and breathwork are a fundamental pillar to health and vitality. A breathing practice helps prevent and combat disease. And so we offer a Balancing Breathwork Class to give you the tools to realise the powerful healing abilities of your breath.
During this class you will receive 1 hour 15 minutes of breath knowledge, awareness and practice with Tony Clegg. As you can imagine the potential benefits of joining the class are huge, and as an extra incentive to begin, the first class is free.
There is nothing new about about getting instruction and guidance on breathing during sessions with Balance Performance therapists, coaches and teachers. But getting a group of people together for the explicit and unambiguous purpose of breathing and breathwork is indeed new to Balance. The original meaning for the word conspire is “breath together”, so in this class we will conspire for tremendous health gains. So as stated the potential benefits for the breathing class participants are huge, and we are incredibly lucky to have Tony Clegg onboard to share his breathing knowledge and experience with the class.
Why a breathing and breathwork class?
There is no one correct way for you to breathe. Instead optimal breathing in any given situation is a skill that should be learned and embedded into daily life. We all assume we know how to breathe, but our connection and understanding of our breathing behaviours is poor. Dedicating time to our breath is the remedy to this lack of awareness.
The benefits of exploring your breath: life changing and empowering
Fundamentally breath awareness and conscious breathing practice is life changing and empowering. Connection to your breath is essential if you are dealing with pain, fatigue, anxiety or poor sleep. Breathing prevents stress from becoming toxic and allows your tensions to be released. Breathwork will assist you in setting and reaching life goals; achieving success with greater efficiency and frequency. Breathing will help you gain greater clarity and insight, and to be more decisive as well as resilient.
The Balancing Breathwork class guides you to explore your breath in many ways:
- breath awareness for living in the now,
- heart coherence to unite mind and body,
- endurance training in the form of controlled hypoxic breathing,
- imperceptible breathing for good health and blissful relaxation,
- emotional awakening using conscious connection breathing.
- connecting your breathing to your movement for greater synergy between your systems
- a total practice for the inner, energetic body. It is every bit as important as the workouts for our outer frame and cardiovascular system.
Balancing Breathwork is a self paced session in a group setting, adding the power of human connectivity to our breathing and breathwork. Tony Clegg is an experienced breathwork practitioner who will guide you through the class. The class is accompanied by energy charging and soothing music to integrate the experience.
The teacher, Anthony Clegg
Having self cured a debilitating childhood stammer and chronic insomnia, Anthony successfully built a career as a professional actor and communications coach. He realised there was a need for us to connect more deeply to our breath. It is essential if we are to free ourselves from the epidemic of anxiety that exists in our era. Tony trained on the Breath Mastery Programme under the direction of Dan Brule one of the original breath work pioneers of the western world. It is Tony’s intention to make breathing practice a tool for connectivity, emotional freedom, increased joy and health for all those willing to explore and embrace their unique potential.
“Shut up and Breathe”
“If you need to control yourself – your mind, body, emotions, posture, or behaviour – then start by getting control of your breathing.”
“How do you breathe when you are feeling very calm, peaceful and content? How do you breathe when you are upset, angry, afraid or in pain? It’s important to bring awareness to your breathing at these times because the way that you breathe —consciously or unconsciously — will either enhance, support, exacerbate, lessen or relieve those things — in the short and long term.”
Dan Brulé, author of “Just Breathe”, “Shut up and breathe”, an expert and pioneer of breathwork.
One to One Breathing and Breathwork at Balance Performance
Work with Tony Clegg or Jonathan Lewis in a one-to-one breathwork session for body mind health, performance, sleep, to effectively process stress and anxiety, or allow greater creativity.
- Firstly, breathing well is key for effective strength training; endurance efforts and flexibility training. It is key for yoga, pilates and effective pelvic floor exercises. What is more is that each of these activities has unique and differing breathing patterns to maximise their benefits.
- Secondly, breathing well is essential to successful activation of your trunk/core; during spinal rehabilitation programmes; achieving relaxation during sports massage; as well as for osteopaths and physiotherapists to effectively mobilise and manipulate your joint with their array of techniques.
- Finally, breathing is key to many other aspects of the coaching, training and treatments you will receive at Balance. The most obvious examples being the breathwork incorporated into the movement and recovery sessions of Jonathan Lewis and the osteopathy of Trevor Speller.
Use the contact page to make an enquiry or request an appointment. Or call 02076272308 to book over the phone.