Women’s Health and fitness
Women’s Health covers all issues relating to obstetrics and gynaecology and Women’s Fitness covers much more than just gym work but its a good place to start. Sally Murray and Jo Fordyce are specialists in the field and lead a team that can guide you to improved health and fitness, a greater level of confidence and wellbeing.
Although women’s health professionals are most commonly visited for problems related to pregnancy, child birth, early motherhood, breastfeeding, and then following gynaecological surgery and during menopause, women of all ages and at every stage of our life cycle face health issues that Balance’s women’s health team can help you with.
The Women’s Health and Fitness team cater to women of all ages and at every stage of life…
Pregnancy and motherhood
Although pregnancy can be an exciting time it’s often an uncomfortable one as well – with back, neck or pelvic pain, tingling hands and continence problems. Problems left unaddressed during pregnancy or that arise once your baby is born will not always spontaneously heal given enough time. Here’s some areas we can guide you on:
- the most effective ways to maintain your fitness during pregnancy.
- learn how to avoid back, neck or pelvic pain as your pregnancy evolves…or get treatment if its too late.
- strengthen your pelvic floor appropriately
- understand how too much pelvic floor tension can cause problems too
- friendly, confidential advice and treatment for any pregnancy related problems
- relief for pain related to breast feeding or carrying your new baby/toddler
- guidance and help on the act of breastfeeding itself with our Breastfeeding counsellor Lucy Alexander.
- get an answer to the most frequently asked question “how can I get my abdominals back?”
- diastasis recti - what is it and how to deal with it
- best rehabilitation to follow cesarian
Next Early Bird Ante-Natal Class
Balance’s inaugral Early Bird Antenatal Class.
2 hours of wisdom (and cake) on exercise, pain prevention and kicking off your pregnancy informed and educated.
- 4th June 7-9pm
This class is run by Jo & Sally, our dynamic women’s health duo. The main aim:
- prevent the start of some usual but not inevitable pregnancy aches and pains,
- teach you a toolbox of tips to stay well and fit,
- Invaluable pelvic floor education,
- a chance to ask loads of questions.
- Did we mention there’s also cake?
We’re excited…….and we’re not the ones having a baby!!
Book a space or speak to Jo or Sally with any concerns, doubts or questions – 02076272308.
There are of course specific changes that women experience during this phase of life but it is also a time when women choose to address health problems that have arisen over a much longer period. Whether old or new problems there are ways to hasten your recovery and alleviate your problems
- understand and address any symptoms associated with menopause no matter how vague they might seem
- achieve a speedy recovery following hysterectomy
- speed your recovery and ease your discomforts from any other gynaecological surgery
Continence problems aren’t just the bane of those pregnant, women of all ages put up with it and endure the embarrassment of leaking, unaware that there is often a relatively simple solution.
- the first step is to come and have an assessment. Discuss the issues and understand the most common causes
- learn the correct exercises to practice, with the right form
- learn specific strategies to deal with your problems whilst you go through the process of recovery
- integrate the strength and control you gain from your exercises into daily life tuning of lifestyle and specific strategies
We treat all of our clients as individuals, both men and women. But many fitness practices, protocols and attitudes are geared towards men. At Balance Performance not only are the majority of our coaches and teachers women we also adapt our fitness training methods to suit the unique needs and issues women experience. Join one of our classes, small groups or one-2-one personal training sessions to learn and experience high quality physical training with high yield responses and rewards.
- women only kettlebell fitness classes with women’s health specialist coach – Sally
- one-2-one kettlebell coaching with Svetlana – the UKs most experienced female kettlebell coach
- personal fitness training for weight loss and leanness (firmer muscles, less body fat) with Svetlana
- strength and conditioning sessions aimed at specific sports or event performance – from triathlon to netball, a one off marathon or weekly dodgeball with Sabina Skala
- women’s pilates classes, small groups and personal pilates training, mat work or apparatus with Alice and Agur
- learn how to run more efficiently, get back to running after illness or a baby, or start running – every human should be able to – with Nadine
Women and men are different! Women, like men, are faced with many health and wellness issues; some can be tackled in the same way by either sex but others need a female biased awareness and approach. Food and exercise are the most obvious ones that can be approached more effectively when you consider gender – even if its just to explore and acknowledge your motivations.
Whatever your health issues the Women’s Health Team, and the Balance Team as a whole can help you.
You can be assured of friendly, confidential and confidence building help from Sally and Jo, our women’s health physiotherapists and their team. They provide simple and effective solutions whether you are pregnant, caring for a newborn, an experienced mother, or quite simply a woman of any age with health or fitness concerns.
If you have concerns or issues affecting your health and happiness call us now to book on 020 7627 2308 or to gather more information leave a message and one of the team will respond ASAP you can also use our contact page to make an enquiry