Tim Cutcliffe – nutritional therapist
MSc Nutr Med
Tim is a Nutritional Therapist and has a Master of Science (Distinction) in Nutritional Medicine from Surrey University. Graduating in 2013, he has subsequently run his own Nutritional Consultancy practice.
As well as providing for clients wanting advice and guidance on healthy eating and weight management, Tim also offers dietary and lifestyle based solutions in more specialised areas including (but not limited to):
- Blood-sugar management and type-2 diabetes*
- Cardiovascular health including high blood-pressure and cholesterol*
- Digestive and gut health*
- Food allergies* and intolerances
- Healthy ageing, in particular joint and bone health in the elderly
- Mood, stress and anxiety*
- Pregnancy and infant nutrition
To consult with Tim:
- Tim is available for weekday evening Skype (or telephone if you prefer) consultations and fortnightly in person consultations at Balance Performance. Call us to book or use the contact form and let us know which suits you best.
Tim believes strongly in the holistic approach to health and well-being, and that rehabilitation and prevention of physical injuries can be assisted by good diet and hydration. Emotional well-being and stress management can also be improved through healthy nutrition and lifestyle. His philosophy is that maintaining physical, nutritional and emotional wellness are vital to combat the toxic effects of modern life which lead to the low-grade inflammation underlying many diseases.
Tim’s full time job is as a journalist for an online nutrition publication where he reviews cutting edge research papers. This enables him to keep abreast of the latest developments in many areas of nutritional science.
Tim is also a bit of a foodie, but emphasises that “Healthy eating should be enjoyable. It doesn’t have to be boring.”
*If you have been diagnosed with, or suspect you have a medical condition, it is important that you contact your GP for advice and treatment.