Diet & Nutritional therapy
It’s simple enough, as Michael Pollen the author of one of our recommended books “Food Rules” says
“Eat food, mainly plants, not too much”
But as with many things, and for many people, it’s easier said than done. We are without doubt at Balance Performance that what you eat is not only of major importance to your overall health but also hugely influential on your efficiency to recover from any illness or injury. So many times our injured clients report that they have either put weight on when injured or have lowered the quality of their eating – often because of some change in their motivation. We would encourage a more proactive approach and show you that its an opportunity, and could be a major incentive for you to further IMPROVE what you eat. The majority of us are, after all, interested in resolving problems of injury, illness or surgery, and overcoming challenges to health as fast as possible.
Nutritional Therapy can help you with:
- Blood-sugar management and type-2 diabetes
- Cardiovascular health including high blood-pressure and cholesterol
- Digestive and gut health
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Healthy ageing, in particular joint and bone health in the elderly
- Mood, stress and anxiety
- Pregnancy requirements and infant nutrition
What do you feel you need?
- Do you need to lose bodyweight to improve your health in some way? to reduce the risk of diabetes for example.
- Do you need to maximise your opportunity to reduce pain and come back from injury?
- Do you feel that improving your diet is needed to reduce the symptoms of a particular illness or condition you are suffering – IBS, adrenal fatigue, low energy, chronic pain
- Do you want to reduce bodyweight or body fat to simply feel better, to be more mobile and agile?
- Do you want to reduce your body fat for sports performance, or making a weight division?
- Are you preparing for an event – marathon, ultra distance run, bike or swim, trek and need to meet increased energy demands and the challenges to recovery that come with an increased volume and intensity of training
Tim Cutliffe – Nutritional Therapist
Whatever the focus of your attention let Nutritional Therapist Tim Cutcliffe (click through to view his profile) guide you to better eating habits, increase your knowledge so you can make better food choices and ensure your future health. Tim will walk you through and support you as you make the necessary changes.
Tim provides expert nutritional advice to optimise health, performance (athletic or otherwise) and reduce risk factors for disease. Working and communicating closely with the other professionals on the Balance team to discuss the requirements of their clients significantly increases the effectiveness of their efforts to recover, rehabilitate, reduce pain, perform, lose weight etc
What does Tim offer exactly?
- One to one consultation either in person or via skype/telephone consultation and follow up sessions to monitor progress.
- Assessment of current diet, medical problems and interpretation of test results to determine future health risks. You will complete some paperwork – food diary and questionnaire before the consultation.
- Comprehensive analysis of diet and eating patterns.
- Estimation of energy and nutrient requirements to ensure nutritional needs are met.
- Education to clarify and demystify the current fad diets and food myths
- Guide and inform you to understand your individual requirements and the possible modifications you may need if adopting a Vegetarian or Vegan lifestyle, or perhaps beginning a Paleo, gluten free, or ketogenic diet.
- To book an appointment call 02076272308 – choose either a face to face meeting or organise a Skype or telephone consultation – a convenient and effective option for many.
- For further queries still give Balance a call or use our contact form and we can get Tim to get back to you