“Roll and Recover” – best techniques for soft tissue health, mobility and recovery
Our Tissue Mobility Class is held every Sunday morning at 10:00am in Balance Performance’s Clapham studio. It is a FREE class and you do not have to be an existing client at Balance to come along. Just come to Balance SW4 6LE: be ready to breathe, move on various rollers and massage balls (foam, denser materials and vibrating versions) and Let Go!
Sunday: 10am-11am, FREE
- Learn the most effective techniques to relieve tension, promote recovery and enhance performance.
- Understand best positioning, breathing and movements associated with your tightest and most dysfunctional areas!
- Learn how to use the self-massage tools you already own and understand how other tools can be used when you are ready to progress.
- The principles are largely the same whether using a generic foam roller, a massage ball or more specifically shaped tool designed to work key areas.
- BlackRoll’s full range of fascial tools, a range of TriggerPoint Therapy kits, the Back Nodger, and PulseRoll rollers and duoball using vibration for easier and faster release. Hard rollers, grooved rollers, single and duoball, smaller and larger massage balls as well as lacrosse balls are all available in our shop.
- Cheap doesn’t always mean ineffective if you have the know-how so a lacrosse or spiky ball may suit you. This said if you understand the techniques, the benefits of letting go of tension, and have realised that this an ongoing practise to be embraced the invest in a PulseRoll roller or ball. You’ll find that vibration alongside good positioning and breathing offers additional benefits.
This class has been updated (Jan 2018), modified and is taught by physiotherapist Victoria and occasionally by others on our team – each one a knowledgeable teachers – physiotherapists and osteopaths – experienced and trained in self-soft tissue release and myofascial compression techniques. All techniques that can be applied by you using any brand of foam roller, massage ball or other self-massage tool innovation.
- Effective technique is a combination of a simple, but conscious breathing technique to stimulate recovery, appropriate selection and positioning of the massage tools, and subtle movements (as opposed to indiscriminate “rolling”). This provides pain and tension relief for your head, neck, shoulders, back, pelvis and hips, upper and lower limbs. In turn recovery is enhanced and movement/performance improved.
We know that muscles and fascia that hold an excess of tension (a feature of all sports injuries, episodes of back and neck pain) create pain and dysfunction which contribute to the development of poor movement patterns and disrupted body awareness. Over time this gradually leads to an increased load on joints and limit the potential of movement and performance. At Balance Performance we understand and promote the need for excellent tissue and joint health, and the importance of being STRONG, FLEXIBLE and FLUID IN MOVEMENT for your sport and everyday activities.
- We are passionate about empowering you to take care of yourself and sustain excellent health across your life span.
If you would like more information please email [email protected], call 0207 627 2308, or contact us via our Facebook page (links top right)